Just imagine the fairy godmother visited you and granted you three wishes for PL/SQL or SQL features.
What would you wish for and why?
Would it be…
- Assertions (multi-row constraints), to keep your business rules close to the data?
- a FINALLY clause, like in Java, because you are tired of tedious workarounds?
- implicit variable declaration with SELECT INTO (similar to iterator declaration in FOR loops)?
- an enhancement of PL/Scope?
- more object-orientated features in PL/SQL?
- or something completely different?
Think of your work and the problems you are trying to solve. What would increase your output as a PL/SQL programmer?
Just send your wishes to PLSQLwishlist@doag.org.
Unfortunately I can’t guarantee the fairy godmother will read them all, but you can join us at #DOAG2018 (Wednesday, 21st November, 17:00) and discuss your ideas with Bryn Lewellyn, Phillip Salvisberg, Sven Weller and other (PL/)SQL experts.
I’m looking forward to a fun and lively discussion!
This little post is part of #ThanksODC:
A thank you ? to all the people who help others via the Oracle Tech Net/Oracle Developer Community.
If you want to read more articles which are being announced throughout the day, follow #ThanksODC on Twitter.